Yet more ants :-(

Boiling kettle

That worked under the slab they were under. Took 4 kettles to get them gone though.

Don't fancy doing it round the rest of the garden, I don't want to kill the grass any more than it has

Sponsored Links
They are back again, on the skirting by the front door and they are flying ants, which I have never seen before - at least they behave like ants, but have wings - so I have sprinkled the area with Nippon, which a few minutes later, resulted in a pile of dead and dieing ones on the carpet.

I wonder why Nipon white ant powder doesn't seem to work - I wonder if they're immune to the active ingredient which I think is permethrin

Sponsored Links
That worked under the slab they were under. Took 4 kettles to get them gone though.

Don't fancy doing it round the rest of the garden, I don't want to kill the grass any more than it has

I just checked, nope didn't work, killed a lot of them but not enough by looks of things.

Why can't these things just die dammit.

Where have they come from - Europe? :rolleyes:

From the bit I have read, they are our own local ants, just multiplying due to the good weather now, preceded by the wet weather. The flying ones are just the male ants, with a few queens looking to mate and nest - not here you don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back