You don't get a second chance!

The blade is typically pretty wrecked. The motor and gearbox should survive, and you do not need a technician to fix it. You just remove the old blade and module and install the new ones.

A hell of a lot preferable to losing digits.

It is!

However, I wonder what else might set it off. I expect it's working by sensing a change in capacitance, like those buttons on the iPod. Those also start going funny around damp. I've seen these set off with sausages, so it's not tuned to human bodies. Makes me wonder if it might go off if damp wood goes through or for similar reasons.

Damp wood and metal set it off, as do sausages. There's an override which requires you to hold a button in as you start it, which resets as soon as the motor is disengaged.

Sponsored Links
Fork me that's a nasty wound!

Makes me think of a chap in work who cuts loads of ply wood with a skill saw for a project at home, singing along not watching what he is doing.

And angle grinding the fittings off scrap copper pipe, also singing and chatting whilst doing it.

I think from now on after seeing this I will be alot more aware of my actions!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back