Zanusi double oven trouble (no heat)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Zanusi electric fan oven (ZCE7700x). The fan oven has stopped producing heat. I have replaced the element but that has not fixed it. Doing a continuity test on the old element reveals that although it looked in poor condition it is still fine. I have checked the thermal cutouts and they seem to be ok. That is I am getting a connection between the two contacts when I removed the wires connected to one of the terminals. The fan is also conected to the same thermal cutout as the element and it works ok. I have made sure that a time is on the electric clock and it is not blinking; as without that the oven does not normally work. When I adjust the temperature dial I can hear a slight click at a very low setting which I think is the thermostat working. The fan comes on but the oven light on the control pannel does not come on. I havent opened up the top pannel because I am not sure how to. I switched on the oven and voltage checked the element and there is a voltage difference between the element and earth. There are no burnt wires in the back pannel. Does anyone have any ideas. If anyone knows how to get the top plate open that would be very helpfull. I thought I could undo three screws at the front of the grill; but one refused to come out. Even with the middle and the left hand side screw removed the top did not want to move. The only thing I can think of is that the thermostat is gone but there is that little click which other discussion groups say is the thermostat working. All help gratefully recieved. Leslie

Sponsored Links
Hello
The cooker has a grill/oven (top oven) which works fine. It also has a fan assisted bottom oven which I believe only has one element, and does not produce heat at the moment. There is only one set of wires connected at the back of the bottom oven. There is also a thermostat wire as well. Thanks for the interest.

Sponsored Links
If you have no heat on a oven first to check does the thromostat light cone on when turned on if no its the thermostat. If yes it's the element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back