Zanussi 1200 essential(2007) Drum stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drum will not turn. Have looked for foreign objects and clothing through fill and drain openings. Was wondering if I force to turn anticlockwise will this unwind the offending article , or is it worth loosening the spline socket screw on the pulley to give some free movement. If it is a piece of clothing, or what else could it be? It does seen hard to imagine how anything would get past the rubber seal!.

Giz a clue. I know I know nothing. No rush with this, as I am usually quite slow doing the washing anyway. Anyone seen me vest ?

Sponsored Links
Check inside the front edge of the machine between the inner and outer drums.

I have found spoons, coins and clothing stuck between them. It goes between the two drums from the front under the rubber door boot.

A large gentleman's left sock. It was black, hiding at about 7 o'clock so it was difficult to see through the holes in the drum

I didn't think I could turn the drum, as I was afraid of breaking some thing. But with both hands on a paddle, and a firm smooth shove ! .. it moves..

I eventually teased the smelly article out by a combination of back and forth movements of the drum and a pair of needlenose pliers between the drum edge. This took a bit of patience as it was rolled up in a ball so I twisted one way and then the other in between moving the drum. while trying to pin it down through the holes in the drum (being careful not to damage any sensors)..

I'll be using a laundry bag for the bits and pieces in future.. Thanks to you for your help.. Cheers. I wonder what happened to me vest ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back