Zanussi again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi ZWF 14280W which has a problem with the motor

I have isolated the problem to only occur when the machine is in any setting other than spin.
The element reads 28 ohms when disconnected, and then 27.4 ohms when connected. What should I be expecting here?
Also there is no motor action after the water fills.
The next thing that happens is the symbol for heating up appears in the panel, and when this happens the machine continuously clicks as though the motor is trying to be driven.
I can run the spin cycle with no problem.
My feeling is that the element is only switched in during any cycle that will need to heat the water, and this is the only time that the motor doesn't run.
Problem is that if I disconnect the element the machine obviously checks for an open circuit and then does nothing.
Has anyone seen this before?

I have changed the brushes and the control card.
What else is there?

Sponsored Links
Is there 240v across the element when it is supposed to be heating the water?

thanks for that, I haven't got around to measuring the voltage yet so will do that next

Hi,
The voltage is never at 240v. When the heating symbol comes on the voltage does 'skip' about on my meter but only shows a few volts.
There is no current flowing at any time, although it is possible that a very small current is flowing but not showing on my clamp meter.
As soon as I go to Spin that all works ok.
I switched back to a wash cycle, the quickest I could find which runs at 30 degrees, and the drum did actually turn once the water had filled, but only once, then it went back to the relay clicking but motor not running.
I would expect to see some measurable voltage across the element so still thinking that is the problem.

cheers
henry

Sponsored Links
Have you checked any thermostats/ thermistor that control the water temp.Is there a pressure switch ( round flat part with wires & a tube going to it) fitted above the drum on that model, I think I would check that out (conductivity ) & if it's ok then it would seem that you are not getting an output from the pcb which could be faulty. Not really familiar with that model so not 100% sure.

In all likelihood your pcb is history :(
You may see some evidence of damage if you remove it but often there is little or nothing to see. A configured pcb for this machine may be difficult to track down & if you are lucky enough to find one it will be expensive. A non configured pcb should be available depending on the machine PNC number. But you would need an electrolux familiar engineer to program it for you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back