Zanussi motor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi ZWF 14280W which has a problem with the motor not able to drive the drum. I runs fine with the drum belt off, but when the drum belt is back on it doesn't want to turn in either direction.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I don't see why the motor runs fine if not under load, how would the brushes work differently when under load?

Because that's the way it works if the brushes are badly worn. No load & it seems to run fine...but the more load introduced into the equation the worse it gets. Poor brush contact & low spring pressure has the effect of reducing brush current density & therefore its current carrying capacity. It can lead to severe arcing, overheating, stall marks on the commutator, or a damaged armature. It can easily trash your motor and/or pcb if bad enough.
That answer your question?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back