Zanussi Built In Hob Continual sparking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hob is sparking continuously. I have switched off poer supply. I think it will be either electrodes or spark generator which is faulty. Anyone have any idea of how I change these on a built in unit???

Sponsored Links
Both the electrodes and the spark generator sound fine. More likely to be the switch!

Almost all hobs bits are accessed by removing the hob and taking the bottom off.

That means disconnecting the gas supply which is a CORGI job!

Tony

I have a Corgi chap coming tomorrow. However I have experienced unecessary work being done in the past and want to make sure this doesn't happen again.

So am I right in assuming from your comment that in the hob there is a switch that sends power to spark generator, to then spark on hob and it is that that may be faulty.

With these switches how much would you expect them to cost and how long will it take the engineer to change them.?

You seem very vague about your hob!

1. There is either a single switch which you push to get the spark

OR

2. There is a switch on each burner tap to get the spark.

A common fault is that if the hob is never cleaned then the switch gets stuck down with fat and it continuously sparks.

Once the hob is out, changing the switch will take about 15 minutes. Might cost about £15.

Getting the replacement switch will take about an hour to research and it will probably have to be posted or collected from somewhere far away.

Most people just replace the hob! ( Or carry on using it and lighting with matches! ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
When you said switch, I pressumed that you meant another switch which was hidden. What you have said makes sense. I think I'll cancel the engineer and make do with matches.

Thanks once again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back