Zanussi condenser dryer belt snapped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The main drive belt of my Zanussi condenser dryer TC482W has snapped. Can a DIYer replace the belt? Is access by undoing the whole of the back panel? Is the configuration for the belt obvious as mine is lying in a pile at the bottom of the dryer, if not can someone tell me the set up?
Regards,

Sponsored Links
No takers so I went ahead anyway, if I had to do it again, this is the way I would do it. It may help someone in the future…..
Isolate supply
Remove top, (2 screws at rear underside)
Remove electrical connections from rear of panel, 5 wires with spade connectors joining to incoming supply. (note order and colour!)
Tip dryer so the rear panel faces upward (remove water collector first :oops: )
Remove white plastic cover at base of rear panel to expose motor to fan drive belt, remove belt
At the centre of rear panel find the drum spindle and bush, remove circlip and 2 thrust washers that retain the spindle to the bush housing.
Remove approx 12 screws form around the edge of the rear panel. Carefully lift off panel and swing away to the base of the dryer. Note that there is a cable to the heater element that stops the panel from being removed totally.
Replace belt around the drum, around the grooved shaft from the drive motor and over (not around) the jockey wheel.
Assemble in reverse order.
Total cost €20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back