Zanussi DCE 5655 Tabletop Dishwasher flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done my research & had a good nose around the interweb, but I'm stuck.

My dishwasher is over-filling and tripping the flood switch (that bit I guess is good). I've read that there should/might be a float switch that tells the machine to stop filling, but I can't for the life of me find it. Can anyone tell me if there is one and where it is?

If not, could it be something more sinister?

Thanks, Mark

Sponsored Links
In case anyone else stumbles across this, I have a fix.

The problem seems to be caused by the machine getting bunged up with yucky detritus.

After switching the machine off and unplugging, remove metal cover.
It doesn't necessarily have to be removed completely, just the left side.

In here you will find a black rubber hose, clipped in vertically.
Unclip it and blow hard into it a few times. Replace hose in clips.

Problem should now be fixed.

I leave the side of my machine unclipped for easy access. I find this procedure needs to be done every couple of months.

I hope you don't mind, but this really helped me out, most of these machines have probably bitten the dust, but there might be some more out there that need the help. I would like to post it around so it is easier to find. I'll leave it a couple of days to give you a chance to reply and then I will get on with it if I haven't heard from you.
In case anyone else stumbles across this, I have a fix.

The problem seems to be caused by the machine getting bunged up with yucky detritus.

After switching the machine off and unplugging, remove metal cover.
It doesn't necessarily have to be removed completely, just the left side.

In here you will find a black rubber hose, clipped in vertically.
Unclip it and blow hard into it a few times. Replace hose in clips.

Problem should now be fixed.

I leave the side of my machine unclipped for easy access. I find this procedure needs to be done every couple of months.
:D

Sponsored Links
Help yourself. It kept my machine going for ages before an unrelated problem killed it finally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back