Zanussi Dishwasher DW 917, leaking front bottom corners.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zanussi Aquasave Type. 91181-2A Ser. 60800400 Prod. 911812019

The sides and top door seal looks good and is tight on the internal stainless steel lining on closing.

The door bottom rubber is not a seal, just a flap, to slow water progressing forward within the base tray.

The leak runs back from the hinge area (rusty) and can end up running down the heater element terminations/wires, but have two water deflector tubes covering the spade connectors. (Design fault solution !)

The tray is about 50mm deep and water is not overflowing, I suspect it is leaking through the corner where the internal side panel, vertical seal channel and tray are welded. There is a visible outer(!)-lapped exposed edge which looks tight with no visible distortion. The water ends up in the horizontal channel frame across the machine front (Where there is a strip of absorbent foam !) I saw a Youtube corner leak where each corner had a seal to remove and clean, not on Zanussi.

Also checked spray arms are not split.

If i can identify the most likely area of leak, I will try an internal epoxy seal up, or any other material that will survive heat and wet. Reducing the water pressure may reduce the battering that the corners are getting.

Any information on the way the stainless steel corners are assembled /welded and thoughts on solutions, appreciated.

Sponsored Links
To update Dishwasher leak.

Further removals, door cover and front/bottom frame removal, exposed the front edge of the tray which, when operating, is near full of water, circulating from the corners and draining back through the cutouts in the horizontal flap, probably the cutouts are not big enough.

Looking at the tray corners, I do not think the lapped joint is the problem. Probably deflectors on the outer corners of the dish trays would reduce the water battering the the stainless corners get.

Reassembled and back in place but I raised the front 4mm to take the water towards the back. Still to run with a load if dishes.

You have probably checked but I'll mention it anyway, the most common reason for a dishwasher leaking is when either the filters are blocked or the drain in the bottom is blocked. The front seals are only to seal spray and cannot cope with the machine "filling up". You shouldn't need to run the thing at an angle and you may cause drainage problems by doing so. Bear in mind filter screens can get scale on them so the holes are closed up even after the screen has been cleaned normally. Best of luck with it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back