Zanussi Dishwasher ZT 485

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Zanussi ZT 485 built in dishwasher has developed a fault. Whichever cycle you try it, it attempts to pump out water for a couple of minutes and then the "Quick" programme light flashes. i've tried disconnecting the waste pipe from the "drain" end, and it doesn't seem to be blocked but I have yet to try dismantling the machine. The instruction booklet states that the flashing " Quick" light means a problem with the drain, including "There is no vent in the end of the drain hose" . Should I tip the dishwasher over and try to open it up to check the source end of the drain?

Sponsored Links
Hi, there is a float switch in the base which activates when the machine floods the base. Not the base you can see when you open the door, but the base under it. There may be a little hose on the back with a stopper in it, if there is drain it out from there and try again with no content.

The base can flood for so many reasons, cheap powder causing over foaming is one. The rest you need an engineer as these machines are not fun to work on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back