Zanussi DW917 door spring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday the door on my Zanussi DW917 dishwasher suddenly got "heavy" after a loud bang. I'm pretty sure a return spring has failed, and that there is still one working. Problem is, how do I get to the hinge / spring area to have a look? The spare spring is readily available online.
Thanks for any ideas / tips on where and what to unscrew. My screwdriver is ready!

Sponsored Links
Wow! The second spring went today with a loud bang, and I found its remains under the dishwasher. Looks like metal fatigue. Now I have two to replace. Thanks for any help with this.

Sorry, not familiar with your model. On most machines it's top off followed by sides off to get access to the door suspension.

One of mine has gone too. Would love to know where you got the replacement spring? This access seems unusual in that the entire skin seems welded to be one piece. With the top off you can look down and see which spring has gone. I reckon you get get at it ok by lying it on its side and accessing from the bottom. One side is dead easy and I managed to get that spring off with no trouble. Sadly mine has gone on the other side where its considerably more fiddly, but doable. Just have to trace a spring!!!

Sponsored Links
The two hinges come complete and as a kit I wouldn't bother just trying to replace the springs to access you just tilt it backwards against the worktop and remove the bottom plinth and the frame behind the bottom plinth remove securing screws and with a bit of a fiddle the whole hinge mechanism will pull down and out . Its one of these job's that's easy only if you know how I'm afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back