Zanussi gas oven not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a gas Zanussi oven.

The clock/timer stopped working and at the same time the ovens stopped working.

The hob is ok and the igniter is still clicking away (Until I unplug it from the mains).

I have taken the cover off the back to see if there was a fuse but couldn't see anything apart from a blue component that was across two connections that is reading open circuit.

Is this the fuse/some sort of thermal fuse etc that shouldn't be open circuit?

Sponsored Links
On our Stoves cooker, the (electric) oven doesn't work if the clock isn't set/working. I reckon your problem lies with the timer.

We have a gas Zanussi oven.

The clock/timer stopped working and at the same time the ovens stopped working.

The hob is ok and the igniter is still clicking away (Until I unplug it from the mains).

I have taken the cover off the back to see if there was a fuse but couldn't see anything apart from a blue component that was across two connections that is reading open circuit.

Is this the fuse/some sort of thermal fuse etc that shouldn't be open circuit?

Any chance of a pic?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay.

Had someone out today and that resistor thing on the back was nothing to do with my problem.

The electronic timer was the issue and now not available as a spare part so I had him bypass the replay so the timer isn't now part of the circuit and working as normal apart from the timer/clock function.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back