Zanussi Oven - Blown fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a 4 and a half year old Zanussi cooker ZCE7610W as pictured in the link below
http://www.foulkeselectrical.co.uk/acatalog/ZCE7610W.jpg

Basically, a meal was being prepared yesterday, the oven set at 200 and the large ring was on a medium heat when the fuse blew at the meter (new type - this trip switch connected for cooker only). The fuse switches were reset, but a couple of minutes later, it blew again and will not reset anymore.

I've checked the wiring at the trip switch, wall cooker fused socket and the connections from the cooker to a connector box, one side of the cooker. There is no water damage or loose/damaged cables and there has been no other problems as till now. The knobs click as they're turned to indicate an on/off switch.

Suggestions please?

Further oven details: 60cm Electric Double Oven with Grill / Dual circuit grill / Thermaflow system / Digital clock with countdown timer / Clear N Clean enamel oven lining / Catalytic bottom oven cleaning type / Top cavity viewing window / Side opening main oven door / B EnergyRating - Top oven / A EnergyRating - Bottom oven / Colour: White

Sponsored Links
More than likely the element has gone short circuit. Do you have the means to carry out an insulation test?

I know that 'somewhere' in the garage I have a small test meter. Would that be sufficient?

Cancel that as I can't find it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back