zanussi nexus washing machine replace cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a zanussi nexus and it trips the RCd when switched on. have traced fault to electric cable being worn where it goes into machine at rear.
How do i get into the machine to replace it? I took the bolts off the back but this didn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
i would suggest you call a zanusi engineer, the bolts you have undone were not there for decoration, you may have undone something major but not yet aparent

Im sure the cable on a nexus goes in through the back side top of the machine. In this case you just take the lid off. Undo the two 8mm screws from each side (at the back) of the lid and pull the lid backwards with force. As soon as the lid is off it is simple to change the lead no explanation neccessery

Sponsored Links
my concern is I took the bolts off the back but this didn't seem to do anything.

changing an appliance cable is easy, but i do not think it is the cable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back