Zanussi tumble dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Zanussi TD4113W tumble dryer isn't drying very well - at the end of a full cycle the clothes are still a bit damp. Done all the checks as per the manual (clear filter, low temp button not pressed, clothes not too wet to start with).

Opened it up and the upper heating element heats up rapidly and readily, switches out again, then comes back after a couple of minutes. Not sure if the lower heating element is glowing, if so it's not a lot, but I get appropriate continuity, voltage and resistance readings from both elements.

The only questionable bit is the top element coils are all together and the sdame colour, the lower ones look scorched and several have opened up, like a stretched spring.

I'm thinking either heater or thermostat - but the price of a new heater goes a long way towards a whole new dryer so I'm reluctant to chuck money at it without being certain.

All ideas welcome.

PJ

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the continuity of the two thermostats attached to the heater element? One should have a red manual reset button. It would help identify the exact model if you post the PNC number on the door sticker (there are several versions with that model number).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back