Zanussi washer dryer fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, just hoping someone has had this specific problem...

A friend of mine has a Zanussi Lindo 1000 washer dryer. It stopped working and wouldn't drain. Apparently it displayed code E6h, but I have not been able to replicate this.

Anyway, I popped round, drained the water, opened the door (had to use emergency unlock tab) and tested what I could. Immersion elements all checked out fine for resistance,, matched the values on the rating plate, no cutout switches had operated, no loose connectors, damaged cables, burning, melting. All circuit boards apparently undamaged, no dry joints afaict. Pressure switch looked OK.

So there ends my expertise. Then tried the machine. No matter what setting I put it on (wash, spin, drain) it immediately starts filling with water and locks the door. That's it. It then beeps 3 times to say it's finished but doesn't drain. So water in the drum and door permanently locked. As before. Has to be drained manually.
My suspicion with all this evidence is that the control panel is faulty in some way. Don't know whether it's the control knob, display panel or the main circuit board. But the fact that you put it on drain cycle, and it opens the cold water fill solenoid, suggests a 'brain' problem rather than one of the components.

Does anyone have any advice specific to this model? Ring any bells? Model number is..
ZWD71460W

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Given it should not even try to fill with water on drain & spin I tend to agree with your diagnosis that the pcb is faulty. They tend to be an uneconomical repair I'm afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back