Zanussi washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zanussi ZWF12070W1 washing machine.
Started the cycle fine with no problems but after a while i noticed a lot of water when i looked through the glass door window.
I waited a while but it did not seem to empty.
I removed the hose from the back of the machine and placed it into a bowl and at this stage water began to fill up the bowl & the level of water in the machine started to fall whilst looking through the glass door window.
When the water stopped flowing i removed the filter at the front of the machine to see if it was blocked.
There was no blockage & all seemed nice & clean.
I then decided to blow down the hose at the rear and noticed some water to be blown out of the filter at the front.
I assume there is no blockage in the pipe system.
Re-fitted the filter and pipe & selected the spin cycle.
Drum turns like it should & spins but however no water is coming out of the pipe at the back of the machine.
The spin cycle ended but you cant open the door due to water still in the machine,only way to open the door is to remove the filter at the front and let it drain.

Any advice would be nice to try & sort this problem out.

Sponsored Links
If you set to spin or drain then start it and you can hear a low humming sound then the pump is proberley jammed . remove the filter again and shine a torch into the hole and you will see the pumps impellors and also what might be jamming it .You can use a pair of long nose pliers to pull out what might be causing it.

When i removed the filter i did not look further into the hole where it is situated.
I do remember that there was no humming sound.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back