Zanussi ZSF2450 constant drain pump & constant top filli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Zanussi ZSF2450. It is a small, one-rack dishwasher with one spray arm, with no small cover plate below the door (pictued at http://content.appliancesonline.co.uk/ProductImages/rvLarge/ZSF2450S_SI_Dishwasher_OPD_AR_L.jpg ).

I start a cycle and water fills into the machine. After 90 seconds, the drain pump starts to make a noise and all the lights on the machine go out. Water continues to pour through a small red inlet at the top of the washing compartment until I turn off the water supply.

If I manually drain out the water from the machine, the machine's lights will come on again and it is 'happy' to try to run a cycle again, but then the same things happen - it fills up for a few seconds, then the drain pump starts with the lights going off and the red inlet continuing to draw water from the water supply.

The machine's only a week out of its year warranty. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yip - Sorted.

A hose had popped loose under the machine - discharging a considerable rate of water into the bottom catch tray (which is effectively the base-plate of the machine). A float sensor (you will see this if you take the base-plate off - its charmingly Italian!) notes that the tray is filling and simultaneously cuts off the water supply to the machine, extinguishes the LED display and starts the drain pump - which keeps pumping until you switch the machine off.

I guess, if you tip the front of your machine towards you - and a load of water ends up on your feet - then you prolly have the same problem.

I fixed it by taking off the outer skin of the machine, removing the base-plate and re-attaching the dislodged hose. If your problem is in any way similar to mine, you might want to run the machine when you've got it naked (being careful not to electrocute yourself; obviously) - whilst peering underneath it. THis way you should be able to see where the water is coming from - if, indeed, you have a leak.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant thanks for that.

My problem was slightly different but you pointed me in the right direction.

My dishwasher must of flooded/leaked at some point and the tray where the polystyrene sits was dry but caked in gunk which has push the float up to be permanently tripping the switch. I then ran it once I'd cleaned it up and its back to normal.

Like you say the sensor is pretty weird.

Did you note anything regarding the build quality of the unit, I bought this supposedly new but there was screws missing and the metal base plate was bent and looked to have been forced into place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back