zanussi zwd 1261 w aquacycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , my above named machine's seal seams to be breaking up and im finding lots of bits in the filter . it is coming away where the grey rubber seal meets the metal drum , inside the door of the machine . can anyone tell me if this is a job for the professionals or easy enough thing to do ??? thanks very much .

Sponsored Links
Awkward job to do especially on a washer dryer.

can be done as diy but you may need some patience and a ability to mutter under your breath in french.

Ok thanks , does it involve any wiring ?? I haven't taken existing off yet but think I'll give it a go , any tips ???

Unplug the appliance and remove the lid.

remove the old door seal, spring on outer of seal, one on dryer inlet and then one on inner of seal (tightly fitted between the counterweight and the outer drum.

lubricate the part of the door seal that fits over the lip on the outer drum 'I use a mix of washing up liquid and water about 50/50'

start on one part and work your way round putting the seal over the outer drum lip 'fiddly part and I cant really describe it as I usually show how to'

hard part now and best with a helping hand, fit the inner spring around the outer drum and seal making sure it gets right into the seating groove. then try to pull off the seal all the way round to check it is in place.

put dryer spring over inlet on seal and fit seal to dryer outlet duct (some of these have a twisted wire to hold it in place instead of a spring)

fit outer part of door seal and bobs your uncle.

can be a real pain and is better to take a break and calm down the seal does not go on right away than be tempted to force it.

When you take the old seal off pull if off slowly and see how it fits over the lip and try to put it back on while you are removing it, you may get an idea for how it feels.

The first one I did took over an hour, a normal machine with no dryer can take about 10 mins now especially with someone to help hold the inner seal spring in place, the last WD I did was a pain and took 40 mins to complete.

Sponsored Links
Wow that's great thanks for ur advice ! I take it it's ur trade ?? How much should I expect to pay someone to do it if it does prove too much of a pain ??? Some things are sometimes best left to those that know how I'm sure you agree !! Ha

price depends on area, I live in a very rural area.

generally it would cost about 80 to 90 for me to come out (I dont set the price) and fit a new seal we supplied. (charges are by the five min + call out + part and VAT)

we will also fit customer supplied parts for them if they can not do the job themselves and the more they do ie remove old seal/top of machine pull it out from awkward area etc the less we are on site so the cheaper it will be.

cheapest option for those near me though and what many are doing now is to put the thing in their car and bring it to the workshop as that saves a call out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back