Zanussi ZWD1480W Washer/Dryer Problem

AKS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a ZANUSSI ZWD1480W washer/dryer and it does not dry clothes fully, I have been told it may be the condenser blocked with fluff. Can anybody tell me how to dismantle the machine to get to the condenser so I can clean it out or where I can get that information to do it. The machine has a split side panel.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will have to split the outer case to get enough access to the condenser. Take off the lid, remove the plastic "half moon" where the hoses enter (2 clips). take out the 2 plastic plugs at the bottom (1 each side near where the seam is), remove the screws under the plugs. There are also 2 or 3 screws that have to be removed at the back (bottom). Then take out 2 screws each side of the strut under the lid which holds the 2 halves of the case together (you only need to take out the screws on the rear part). The back half of the case then slides off. The condenser is on the right hand side when looking at the front of the machine. It may or may not be partially blocked.
A poor drying result can also be caused by simply having too much clothes in there. Rule of thumb...a full drying load is approximately half a full wash load. So if you wash a full load try doing the drying in 2 goes & see how that works out. It should say something about this in your user manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back