Zanussi ZWF 1421W Washing M/C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Zanussi ZWF 1421W Washing machine that is bleeping twice at the end of it's cycle. This indicates the machine will not empty. I have manually emptied it via the little hose. On removing the pump impeller there was a few hair grips and fluff but nothing bigger. I have checked the inlet hose where it attached both to the washer and the inlet pipe tap. I could not see a filter on the inlet hose.

After these routine checks I still have the same problem, 2 bleeps, the END light showing and the door will not open.

Does any one have any ideas? It would help if we could just empty the washer.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can empty the washer simply by unhooking the drain hose & dropping it parallel to the floor, gravity will do the rest. Was the pump running?Did you check the hose from the drum to the pump, especially the rubber resovoir at the base of the drum?

Thanks for your reply. I have emptied it as instructions.I assume the pump had finished running, as it was at the end of the cycle - the END light was lit up and bleeping in time with the blinking light.

How do I "check the hose from the drum to the pump"

Regards

Andrew

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I have no experience in fixing these faults. Does that mean access it from underneath tipping it up on the rear edge? I DO think it is something I may be able to do.

Thanks

My fist job after holiday was to follow your directions and yes I found an obstruction that was not visible before. After removal everything worked fine, so I think a big thank you is in order!

Regards

Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back