Zanussi zwf10070w washer stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Zanussi zwf10070w washing machine which will only start program for few mins then stops with red light flashing so i replaced the Inlet solenoid valve and replaced the main ECB pannel and the fault is still there? anyone any ideas what the fault could be, the door lock seems ok and wiring also seems good, thanks.

Sponsored Links
It will do this if it detects a fault with itself . select the drain program and then start the program then whilst its running press the start pause and the left button next to it together holding them both in it will then flash red lets say 5 times then green 2 times if this was the case the then the error code would be E52 (motor) let me know what code yours has stored

It will do this if it detects a fault with itself . select the drain program and then start the program then whilst its running press the start pause and the left button next to it together holding them both in it will then flash red lets say 5 times then green 2 times if this was the case the then the error code would be E52 (motor) let me know what code yours has stored

Hello Captaincaveman1,

The start/paused button led displayed 1 red and 3 green flashes after following your procedure thanks.

Wait for an expert's reply before doing anything (I've only been at this game a matter of months!), but for a large family of these Zanussi/Electrolux/etc machines Error 13 = Water leak detected (assumes a leakage detector fitted to this model).
If you've changed the inlet valves some spillage or leakage is likely. The mc may need to dry out before further progress possible?
In the meantime, find out the PNC number, which should be on the product sticker visible either behind the door or on the back panel (it will be something in the form 914206107/00 - thanks to Zipper for that), and post it here. This number identifies the mc more specifically than just the model number can (there are variations within models, depending on production run), and will help the experts help you.
Best of luck.

Sponsored Links
Grantuspeace Thanks for reply,

The pr number is 914206107(00)
ser number is 72700027.

E13 means exceeded max fill time firstly check there is water to the valve and that the hose isnt kinked also if the drain hose is pushed into a standpipe on the wall check the hose hasnt travelled too far down as will create a syphon effect and throw this error up . If thats ok its prob one of the coils on the inlet valve has become o/c

E13 means exceeded max fill time firstly check there is water to the valve and that the hose isnt kinked also if the drain hose is pushed into a standpipe on the wall check the hose hasnt travelled too far down as will create a syphon effect and throw this error up . If thats ok its prob one of the coils on the inlet valve has become o/c

Water supply pressure to new Inlet valve seems ok however when machine is filling it does seems to only trickle into machine which is when the fault with red light seems to mostly occur however when machine is rinsing the machine fills a lot quicker, Tried removing o ring (Not water filter) inside valve inlet and Have cheaked all hoses for kinks etc and all seem fine.

you need to replace the valve as it either has a mechanical fault or one of the coils has failed

Inlet Valve & solenoids have been replaced, I think faulty pressure switch might be culprit, I cheaked pressure switch link pipe and no blockage, Fault occurs about 1 minute when machine starts to fill then stops with red start/pause button flashing.

could it be be error E31 and not E13 !! in which case its the anologic pressure switch ;)

1 red and 3 green was displayed on start/pause button in diagnostic mode not sure what code this displays as i cannot find fault code with light sequence, guess i will have to order pressure switch to find out, Thanks for info.

Fitted new pressure switch today and cleared fault memory from eprom and fault is still there, royal pain in the arse, Tried manualy filling machine from front pannel and it works fine so i believe the fault could now be with actual low water pressure from external well pump feeding machine inlet valve which is taking too long to fill machine thus throwing up red light pause fault,
Should i be able to easily cut of pressure from water hose inlet pipe with light finger pressure?

Most manufacturers recommend min/max 1bar/10bar water pressure. Well water can also lead to blocked filters & valves. If you have very low water pressure you may need to install a booster pump. Typical urban water pressure in the UK varies from area to area, but 3 - 4bar is middle of the road. You will be struggling to stem that kind of pressure with one finger....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back