Indesit WIDL126 wash/dryer door faults Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone the wife's washer/dryer has developed a fault, At the start all is normal flashing red light to indicate power on, load the machine select program close door the door locks & light stops flashing & remains lit constantly and starts to wash all good. But after a few minutes the door lock warning light goes out and the machine stops the cycle light remains lit and the door remains locked. Press reset wait couple of min's door clicks & can be opened red light starts to flash.
Close door press start the door locks but no red lock light & the cycle light is lit but the machine will not run, this is on any program its on washing or drying.
If you unplug from mains leave overnight & it seems to reset and the red lock light works fine but again only for a few min's. It seems like there's something overheating causing the fault but I'm not sure.
Could it be the door lock at fault or am I looking at a mainboard fault any help or guidance greatly received with thanks in advance Geoff

Sponsored Links
Forgot to say there are no warning codes flashing on the front panel at anytime thanks again

Would the motor brushes cause the light to go out or am I missing the connection between the two no pun intended

Sponsored Links
Yes it will. Breaks the supply via the brushes.

Yes check those brushes and springs, also check the commutator condition.

thanks for the reply's have taken the motor out this morning. From the amount of black carbon dust thought it was looking good for failure
Took the motor to a friend (Auto Electrician) and has test facility for all types of motors The brushes are around half worn according to a book he has & spring are responsive & free in there guides, cleaned the com and brushes rebuilt re-tested motor off the machine & ran up to speed with & without load and all seemed fine refitted to the machine it ran for a max of 5mins before the locked light went out & the machine stopped in cycle

Have you tried a rinse only or a spin only programme?
Same symptoms or not??? Do they run through the cycles fully?

no dammed thing starts then stops on any program after few mins even tried new brushes!!!! it runs the lock light comes on as it should then red lock light goes out after say 5 mins and leaves just the cycle light on, its kind of something like a thermal lock on the door that trips the lock light, Any one know if there's a thermal device fitted in the door lock????

Is there still water in the drum when it stops working?

Probably is the control board but you should really test all other components first i.e inlet valves, pressure sensor, heating element, thermostat etc.. then go on to remove and inspect control b/d.
I think all the other components will be fine so its most likely the control b/d but whats not been checked is the speed sensor on the motor.

Last edited:
A small update to this thread, after replacing brushes and cleaned commutator as above thing where the same.
I took the switch of the door dismantled it to find a Bi-metal switch that was working and two smaller pieces of metal:confused: which I removed cleaned up a little and bent the top one a little tighter. rebuilt and it works again!!!!!!!! So I'm guessing that they were some kind of bi-metal switch/contact as there seemed to be a little bit hot were they where but after the clean same spot is cool so that's one less job on the list the wife's given me:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back