Zion and the Art of Armageddon

But they wind up wounded...........not even dead. Tonight in Jungleland.
The real reason for differing styles of clothing an eg
The keffiyeh is commonly found in arid regions, as it provides protection from sunburn, dust and sand. An agal is often used by Arabs to keep it in place. Yemeni Arab man wearing a keffiyeh in turban-style and a shal on his shoulder Saudi man wearing the shemagh as part of traditional Saudi Arab attire.

But in some cases it reads across to religion. The same thing can apply to religious laws. Eg Pork - it can be a problematic carrier of human worms. Marriage within families - it eventually leads to genetic problems. Too much sun is not good for skin or hair,

Sponsored Links
Israel’s war on Gaza, which has killed at least 31,923 Palestinians, has relied mostly on Western arms and technology. Who is arming Israel's genocide? Watch Inside Story@Al Jazeera

ryMREjjle3_0_156_1280_720_0_x-large.jpg

Sponsored Links
An evangelist - they believe all parts of the bible.

I bet they don't. Nobody does. They just pick out the bits they like.

These religious books are of course not the word of gods, they are the work of a lot of (mostly old, mostly somewhat weird) men, written (mostly many years ago) over many generations, edited, interpreted, altered and rewritten to reflect the cultural norms and personal prejudices of the writers of the time.

"I bet they don't. Nobody does. They just pick out the bits they like."

Truly they do - and believe the Word literally, without a trace of irony in quoting Old Testament Scripture in the name of J.C.

That might be what they claim, but it isn't true.

Some of the more ludicrous parts of Leviticus are often used to demonstrate that nobody follows all of it.

That might be what they claim, but it isn't true.

Some of the more ludicrous parts of Leviticus are often used to demonstrate that nobody follows all of it.
Burning bushes and talking rocks, you mean?

Tell me the story about the talking snake and the magic rib-woman.

Burning bushes and talking rocks, you mean?

I've seen the burning bush at Santa Caterina monastery at the base of Mt Sinai. Well, they said it was the burning bush. It wasn't on fire, but it was definitely a bush.:unsure:

I've seen the burning bush at Santa Caterina monastery at the base of Mt Sinai. Well, they said it was the burning bush. It wasn't on fire, but it was definitely a bush.:unsure:
An experimental archaeologist took an imaginative meander through the OT and gave the creosote bush as a candidate for Moses inspiration. It's plausible: creosote ignites under the hot desert sun; man has a mad moment during a long period of fasting and there ya go - Commandments Ten, for the use of. Native Americans would induce visions through fasting and trial in the wilderness so it's not impossible this happened during the forty years of wandering around the Sinai. The top of Mount Sinai has a natural spring which could be the source of Moses miracle staff, striking the rocks for water to 'gush forth'.

But these myths and legends are no excuse for racism, apartheid and genocide.

Sponsored Links
Back