Zion and the Art of Armageddon

The next UN motion is a plain and simple ceasefire proposed by the elected members, 7 out of 10 of them. It's gone blue so will be presented shortly. Maybe today but Russia is expected to cause ructions today with another motion so some think wait for another day. The motion is a cease fire through Ramadan. One, same idea was passed for another country a few days ago.Maybe the Ramadan aspect has been extended to x weeks, Have to wait and see.

France's UN man was interviewed. They too wanted more from the US motion but still backed it. Previous ceasefire motions have gained votes and suffered the US veto. Makes a bit of a mockery of just saying china and russia's veto is just cynical. More should have voted against the US one or maybe they really have had a change of mind.

Interesting comment from the US UN lady. Vote for a straight ceasefire and HAMAS will walk away from the table. France's man doesn't see why it would. Me, it makes me wonder just what form of pressure is being applied to HAMAS.

Sponsored Links
Don't be silly, I'm on record enough times denouncing settlements.
That is the area that I expect to be mission impossible and very probably has been pushed that way for a long time.

The UK mentioned land swap. How feasible pass. Palestinians do need arable land also areas for goats and maybe sheep. Israel appears to like gobbling it up.

A dead baby is still a dead baby, headless or not.

More than ten thousand children slaughtered in Palestine in the last few months by Israel's genocide.

Disease, starvation and absence of clean drinking water, sanitation and medical care will polish off plenty more.

So Israel's plan is proceeding as intended.

Sponsored Links
BBC and C4 main news on the US motion was interesting. BBC just the US reaction after it had it's veto. C4 not a lot different but 1/2 hr and a princess with cancer on both. Neither mentioned Russia's main objections. Or the comments from others.

BBC and C4 main news on the US motion was interesting. BBC just the US reaction after it had it's veto. C4 not a lot different but 1/2 hr and a princess with cancer on both. Neither mentioned Russia's main objections. Or the comments from others.

Consensus seems to be that a ceasefire shouldn't be dependent on the release of hostages or condemnation of Hamas.

Consensus seems to be that a ceasefire shouldn't be dependent on the release of hostages or condemnation of Hamas.
Hard to know really but the US said that Russia wouldn't sign it as it mentioned the atrocities.They jus said it was one sided summed up very eloquently by the lady that abstained. No comments about Israel at all and everyone is aware of the various "problems" they have caused

France mentioned the same as you have as the hostage aspect just extends things = more deaths. Hamas will accept a ceasefire and hostage release and others say yeh we will work on a permanent one etc but when and how is missing. We also don't know what HAMAS have been offered. The whole thing stinks of geopolitics as some aspect do not tie up. US has criticided several Israeli aspects but no place for that in their motion as doing so would make it legal if it passed.

Russia, more of a game. It's time for the security council to review the people who look at the embargo on N Korea, They are expected to veto the look. May have already happened.

Blinken. New buzz word. Imperative. Aid is now but it omits words like now just as their ceasefire does.

If you add up all the deaths, from all conflicts involving Israel, from all parties involved, the total sum is less than any six month period in Syria over the last decade. Interesting factoid.

... Because these oral histories were not written down for hundreds of years after the events doesn't make them fiction. ...

It doesn't make the myths and legends true, either.

Don't be silly, I'm on record enough times denouncing settlements.
And yet you claim that Israel wants a two state solution and the Palestinians don't which is clearly false...

Your argument simply does not add up in reality!

And yet you claim that Israel wants a two state solution and the Palestinians don't which is clearly false...

Your argument simply does not add up in reality!

I'm not sure I said that, I've probably said at some stage I'd like to see a two state solution, we know Likud doesn't. As for the Palestinians, they've rejected the notion of a two state solution enough times, most notably in 1948.

As for the Palestinians, they've rejected the notion of a two state solution enough times, most notably in 1948.

Thet have not rejected the notion

They have however rejected demands to give up yet more land, yet more rights, and yet more independence.

the total sum is less than any six month period in Syria over the last decade. Interesting factoid.
The main difference is the info is coming out. Same with Iraq where it didn't either. Libya? Plus some rather strange fighters appearing in that one. Some info did come out on Syria but killing ISIS and no real details on numbers Main info was the mess that was left.

Saudi - Yemen, Once info got out about what was going on a group on the terrorist list was quickly removed and things seemed to settle down. Just a few broadcasts on UK and others TV channels. That's all it took.

El Shifa. Israel trying to control the narrative but already a couple of factors have come out that change the view of just where terrorists were killed.

Sponsored Links
Back