Old Mira Event shower parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got an old Mira Event shower with a combined power and temperature knob, like this. All the current models seem to have two separate knobs.

The shower works fine but has started making a loud angry noise in use, like some bearing has gone.

I'm looking for information on how to service it. At the moment, I can't even get the cover off. And if it needs a new pump/motor, can I still get parts for it?

Thanks,
Jay.

Sponsored Links
Yes, thanks, that's the one. I still can't find any installation / servicing instructions for it.

It looks like I need to remove the knob before I can get the cover off, but I can't see how to do that.

Jay.

Sponsored Links
You're right, I just needed to pull it a bit harder! Thanks!

Jay.

You need to lever the finger grip dial off first then the rest just pull off.
Make sure you note where each dial setting was before removing.
The cover screw you'll see after removing dials.

Hi. Just wondering if you got your shower fixed and what the problem was. We have a mira event (12 year old) and it had just started making a extremely loud noise although still working perfectly well. Not sure whether it is worth fixing.
Thanks
Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Yes I did fix it. First I tried replacing the brushes in the motor, but that made no difference. So I replaced the whole motor, and that made it much quieter.

Jay.

Hi Elaine,

Yes I did fix it. First I tried replacing the brushes in the motor, but that made no difference. So I replaced the whole motor, and that made it much quieter.

Jay.

Hello Jay could you run through what was involved to replace the pump? My shower is like an aircraft taking off. Also where did you order the replacement pump?

Also is this the correct pump?

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-thermostatic-pump-assembly-211-60

Thanks in advance for your help

Mike.

Hello Jay could you run through what was involved to replace the pump? My shower is like an aircraft taking off. Also where did you order the replacement pump?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Yes, that's the right pump. I got mine from the same people. I can't remember exactly what was involved in replacing it, but I don't think it was too hard. You just need a screwdriver, and maybe a torx bit, and a bit of patience and common sense. Turn the water and the electricity off!

Jay.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Yes, that's the right pump. I got mine from the same people. I can't remember exactly what was involved in replacing it, but I don't think it was too hard. You just need a screwdriver, and maybe a torx bit, and a bit of patience and common sense. Turn the water and the electricity off!

Jay.

Thanks for the reply Jay. I will get round to replacing it soon. Presently I am trying to get painted wood chip wallpaper off the bedroom walls :( It looks like it has been on there for over 20 years. Slow process but getting there :)

Hello Folks, Sorry for bumping such an thread. But my Mira Event shower which I posted about above is now kaput. Would anyone know what modern Mira shower would be a direct replacement using the current fittings I have. I will try and install it myself if not to difficult.

Thanks

Mira Vigour looks very similar but I don't know if will be exactly like for like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back