Glow Worm Combi 100e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the automatic vent as it was seriously leaking, but since then I have had major problems. Presently after switching on the boiler and without any demand the boiler fires up, I presume over heats and locks out. I have disconnected all the pressure switches, pump, diverter switch gas valve and thermistors (one each at a time) and the lock out still occur, even without ignition.

Where do I go from here? Could I have damaged the pcb? Or best call an engineer.

Sponsored Links
I replaced the automatic vent as it was seriously leaking, but since then I have had major problems. Presently after switching on the boiler and without any demand the boiler fires up, I presume over heats and locks out. I have disconnected all the pressure switches, pump, diverter switch gas valve and thermistors (one each at a time) and the lock out still occur, even without ignition.

Where do I go from here? Could I have damaged the pcb? Or best call an engineer.

are you a gas safe registered engineer??

Only electrically disconnected. I know I am not qualified to do and have no intention of doing any gas work. I shall call the professionals for that.

Sponsored Links
usually on these the dhw flow switch microswitch is full of water shorting across and keeping a permanent demand on for hot water.

are you a gas safe registered engineer??

As far as ollski's concerned, its ok.

Paul.

I had previously taken the dhw switch out, operated it and it seemed to work ok but the boiler still lit up with no obvious demand. I have just disconnected the inline connector and the fault dissapared!! I do recall that the hot water light used to dimly glow without demand, maybe this was prior indication that the switch was on its way out.

Ollski thank you very much for your advise. I shall con check the switch and get it replaced. Hopefully all will go well

You have saved me quite a bit on a pcb, which I thought was causing the problem

If it is definitely closed circuit it will be because the spindle is leaking which pushes the microswitch, you'll need to replace this brass housing cover too.

I actual;ly changed the brass cover and diaphram last year as it was leaking. It must have taken all this time to create a short cct within the switch.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back