Worcester 28CDi - diaphram in diverter valve, or linkage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my 28CDi has only recognised the demand for hot water if two taps are turned on. Having trawled the archives this sounds like a diverter diaphram going weak/perished, so I've ordered one.

I've just had a closer look at the plunger shaft and microswitch as the hot taps are turned on and off, and it seems to me like the problem might not be what I first thought. The shaft has a circular piece of plastic on the end, and the microswitch is slightly off centre of this circle. The piece of plastic seems to be on a spherical joint so that the moment it touches the microswitch, it deflects, until the shaft is so far out that the microswitch is finally pushed.

Is this normal operation, or should the plastic circle be rigidly mounted to the end of the actuator shaft?

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
cheers - I ordered the o-ring and washer kit too. I'm not expecting an easy job, but there are some good posts in the archives with step by step instructions.

Gary

As a temporary fix you could try moving the micro switch to the low pressure setting, remove the micro switch assembly by pulling out the circlip & you will see the switch is held in place by a plastic tab that goes into a hole in the switch, pull it out & move it forwards so that the tab is behind the switch. This will move it nearer to the valve, don't forget to move it back when you do the diverter.

I was going to make a photographic guide to this today which I was thinking of doing for some of the most common jobs, but i'd taken the card out of the camera.....doh :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back