Interesting Piccys of Caravan installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I've got no idea how to post a digi piccy or three, but if anyone is interested in getting them onto DIYnot, I can e-mail them to you. See my profile for e-mail address.

Sponsored Links
Sounds interesting! I think Ban has a good link for picture uploads but I can't find it right now.

As an aside, whilst I was looking for my current place I rented a static caravan on a site for six months. The owner is a right cowboy - he has one electricity supply for the whole site, each unit has a coin meter which he collects the proceeds from, and from the meter to each unit the cable is just 4mm (not SWA) buried underground. Dodgy or what?

Sponsored Links
File size too big! How do I reduce file size to max 100Kb?

that all depends on what image editor you are using

securespark said:
File size too big! How do I reduce file size to max 100Kb?
If you want to EMail them to me, I'll have a go at getting them posted.

With a HUGE thanks to Tex (without which this post would not have been possible!), here they are:

V1.jpg

v2.jpg

V3.jpg

V4.jpg

The armoured is 1.5, the flex, a mixture of 0.75 & 1.00.

Next time I'm there, I'll take pix of another 'van with worse supply wiring...Before you ask, YES! It is possible...

I believe I speak for us all when I say

WHAT THE FREAK?!?!

Well, next time I rewire I will save money on expensive meter tails and use 1.0mm2 flex instead. That is obviously suitable for running from meter to fusebox/CU. :eek:

I'll bet the site is one belonging to the Willet clan. Not a care how safe anything is just so long as it's done on the CHEAP :evil:

are you seeing theese as part of your job? (ie somthing you need to deal with)

or are you staying in theese caravans?

or what?

btw is the rec method of terminating armoured cable to multiple seperate termination seen in the picture below acceptable as part of an install and if not why not

basically they use a heatsink breakout and then they use heasink to give each core double insulation
DSC00029.jpg

Plug

No, I'm staying in these vans.

If there is anything wrong with that method of termination you have posted, then there will be lots of installs not up to scratch: I've seen that lots of times before.

recs do it all the time (that pic is a service cable going to 3 100A fuses)

but recs have thier own rules so i was just wondering if that method was allowed inside an install as well

How do you mean?

BTW, I'm now one year older........38, FFS!!!!

like for example as a method of terminating armoured cable to a private meter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back