extension costing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could any one out there give me a ballpark figure how much a single storey 30'x10' extension to the side of my house might cost. nothing fancy 3 walls and a roof. maybe 2 windows.

Sponsored Links
Assume £900-£1000 per m2 depending on finishes etc so 28K for single storey and you'll be about right. If 2 storeys double it. Add around £1500-2000 for fees etc if using a technician or cheap architect to get planning and regs drawings done, maybe a bit more if an engineer is required.

If its any help, just doing a 4.3 metre x 4.3 metre single storey extension with a hip end roof, only thing i have not done myself is brickwork,
( i know my limitations !) so far this has cost us circa £9.7k, started off with a budget of £12k

Three walls, three windows and a door

Did my own drawings, with some much aprreciated help from SHYTALKZ on here, with regards to the beam calcs.

Nearly done apart from plastering, fascias and soffits.

Expecting to use rest of pot on all the silly bits, radiators, flooring etc etc

Sponsored Links
As per Freddie really.

Although very noble, Tufty's advice is of no use if you intend using a builder or building company to carry out the work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back