Extension Cost

It's just a toilet off any communal room seems odd to me. It's like, if you need a poo, you can normally leave the room, and people don't know where you are going or why - you could be going to a bedroom, or outside, or the kitchen. But in open plan, everybody knows you're having a ****. And if it's a smelly one, they will know when you open the door.

I looked at a house in Brazil many years ago, when I was thinking of starting a new life there (quickly decided that was a crazy idea) and one house had a toilet right in the middle of the living room. Not the corner, but bang in the middle. Totally weird. Like the builders had no idea how to design a house. I think the same house had grass and water in the front hall too, and dodgy, easy to remove, wooden bars in place of one window. Totally strange.

Toilet was like this

upload_2021-8-26_10-36-4.png

Neighbour's plans

upload_2021-8-26_10-40-29.png

Sponsored Links
budget for £50k which would allow for foundation issues, planning and B/regs and a bit of landscaping

allow upto say £10k if you are altering the existing layout and opening up needing big steels etc

I believe rule now is extractor and washhand basin. For a number 2 I'd excuse myself upstairs. Not sure a fire door is required!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back