Basement below rear extension - Cost approx?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Am just in the process of drawing up some plans to extend my house. The original plan was for a single storey extension but the architect suggested a basement below the extension as the garden is on a downward hill.

I have sent some rough drawings to some local builders to get an estimate but wanted to get some ideas from the forum members on what to expect/look out for.

So the proposal is for a 4m x 11m single storey extension with a 6m x 11m basement extension. This will include underpinning the back wall of the current cost. The basement will include a utility and bathroom so will require plumbing and electrics etc.

Given the size - can someone give me a rough guideline price on what to expect to build such an extension?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your post is pretty vague, what is your spec of the underpinning and how much of is there to be done? That's 110m2 so pretty big, in my experience these kinds of jobs cost the earth and are generally not financially viable unless the house is a forever house or in a posh postcode. I'd expect £140k easy.

Sorry, I didn’t haven’t any more details as the architect needs to dig pilot holes to assess the current foundations, but he is confident that the current house foundations are already a metre and a half - 2m deep.

This is our forever house and we will eventually have our elderly Parents move in so the space would be very well utilised.

thank you doe the approx cost

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back