Looking for an approx cost for a house extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I am new to this Forum and I am just looking for an approx cost of a 2 story extension for our house.

There are some images attached.

"Current Downstairs" and "Current Upstairs" are the current layouts for the house, no overly relevant for what I am asking but still, I have included them just incase.

"Proposed Downstairs" also has the extension included, a wall is knocked down in the main house and a porch is added, don't worry much about the wall and porch though, these are for a later date.

At the moment I am just looking for a rough idea of what it would cost for the extension (the utility room, cupboard and wet room on the "Proposed Downstairs" plan.

Also upstairs (assuming we can get planning permission for 2 stories) will consist of a bedroom, bathroom and walkin wardrobe.

What sort of price would you say this would cost including plumbing, insulation, windows, bricks, electrics etc.

In terms of the outer walls (downstairs that make up the area that includes the utility, wet room and cupboard) here are the approx lengths in inches.

Top wall on pic for extension is about 209inches.
Left wall on pic for extension is about 255inches.
Bottom wall on pic for extension is about 83inches.

I hope this gives you an idea, but a rough estimate for prices would be much appreciated. I know it is difficult as this is a fairly big project and there are a lot of things to consider but a rough estimate would be excellent!

Like I said, dont worry about the main part of the house, it is just the building of the extension I am interested in initially.

Thanks to all in advance!!

Attachments

• Current Downstairs.jpg
    Current Downstairs.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Proposed Upstairs 2.jpg
    Proposed Upstairs 2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Current Upstairs.jpg
    Current Upstairs.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 123
  • Proposed Downstairs.jpg
    Proposed Downstairs.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, if I wanted a fully itemized quote I would have gone into much more detail, this was simply to give me an idea of costings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back