Extension of existing ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just plastered over my new cables ( all in verticle & horizontal) as an extension of existing ring main. works fine! i aint involving the assholes at BC in th ecouncil as Im less than 8m2 of floor space! ( due to clever measuring techniques) boom! boom! :p

Sponsored Links
Go and play in the traffic http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/******.gif

Ive just plastered over my new cables ( all in verticle & horizontal) as an extension of existing ring main. works fine! i aint involving the assholes at BC in th ecouncil as Im less than 8m2 of floor space! ( due to clever measuring techniques) boom! boom! :p

And there is a hell of a difference between 8m2 and 8²m.

Sponsored Links
PS I am going to run the lights from the downstairs lighting circuit so they won't be RCD protected!
Why? You really should RCD protect them if you are burying any of the cables in a wall. Its a requirement of the wiring regs.

missmouse, I hope when your wiring catches fire and burns the place down, you're not inside. How do you know its safe? How do you know one of your new cables isnt high-resistance due to manufacturing defect? How do you know all your terminations are sound?

:rolleyes:

everything has worked fine for last 4 years, RCD never trips.
BTW for the info of the person who isnt sure what 8m2 means--- its ( ill type slowly here for you) EIGHT SQUARE METRES, OK?

If you were to actually bother to type 8㎡, it'd be a lot clearer. But I know it's difficult to learn how to use your computer.

everything has worked fine for last 4 years, RCD never trips.
The airbags in your car might or might not be working fine. You won't know until you have a crash, by which time it's too late to find out the answer is "not".

What were the before & after R1+R2, Zs & IR readings?

BTW for the info of the person who isnt sure what 8m2 means--- its ( ill type slowly here for you) EIGHT SQUARE METRES, OK?
What do you think is the significance of it being < 8m²? You seem to think it means something....

If you were to actually bother to type 8&#13217;, it'd be a lot clearer.
"8m²" would be clearer still.

But I know it's difficult to learn how to use your computer.
;)

Not my fault you can't handle unicode. That is the correct unicode character for the square metre. It is, however, being mangled by stupid fonts and probably the forum to boot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back