Hoover 120 AL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The washing machine washes okay but when get to fast spinning in drying mode it just make a buzzing noise and nothing happen so the clothes is still wet. It's over 3 years old, shall I bin it or is it something simple?

Sponsored Links
have you checked motor brushes? and fast spin in drying mode thats a new one

Can it still be the brushes even it's okay in the drum normal wash spin except for the fast spin?

Another thing is now just happening the programme dial is turning clockwise all the time and doesn't stop & not operating the programme!!

Oh dear :cry:

believe it or not spin causes a higher load on the motor, poor brush connection prevents enough current getting through to let motor spin

Sponsored Links
That make sense, got a new problem now, whatever programme it's on, the machine won't work at all :cry: Is it time for a new one?

Thanks Breezer,

It's now nearly 4 years old and has 3 new parts into it the last couple of year, I gave it a long hard thought about it and decided to write it off and have to accept that washing machine are not made like they used to. Just found out that most washing machine have candy parts inside it and keeping the brand name. My first Hoover washing machine lasted 13 years as it was made by Hoover but not anymore now and the same goes for other brands, my next one was a Hotpoint which has 9 call out and parts that come over £540 ! then I brought this Hoover again as said above.

I have now decided to pay £800 for a Meile, does sound a lot but it isn't. (they do a cheaper model for difference need & they start at £495)
It's an intelligent washing machine which work out how much water, powder which save money and electric which are rated A+/A for wash performance . It has 6 difference setting for fast spin up to 1600rpm. The drum have stainless outer drum which prevent coins smashing to bit and also the inside of the drum is a honeycombe design which protect your clothes. Miele washing machines are designed and tested for 5,000 wash cycles - that's a life of 15 to 20 years at an average of 5 washes a week etc, it also have unbreakable cast iron cradle that stabilises the machine which is carefully balance so therefore will be quieter and will never crumble as a concrete block can (my old hoover bolt snapped on the concrete block). Also got a PC Update facility, they can be reprogrammed in line with future developments. When the water consumption is reduced or new detergents are introduced, the machine's programmes can be altered to accommodate the changes, and new programmes (such as Handwash) can be added. So my machine need never go out of date.

It also come with a free 10 years parts & labour warranty :!: If I went for another cheaper washing machine I would've spent so far £1100 the last 10 years :!:

its true you do get whatyou pay for.

when i was working for hp i did used to have the regular customers but they all had insurance so they never paid for anything, no matter how many times i went so they were allways happy to see me.

you saying about s.steel outer drum, i once found a s.steel table knife in one outer drum, and yes it had smashd a hole in the drum, but at the top, so she did not realise it, but again it was covered under insurance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back