Sealed manhole cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can find loose fitting manhole covers for outdoors, as these are the common ones we all have. Does anyone know where I can get info about a sealed manhole cover? I can't see anything on the web that is sealed except using grease, which still sounds like loose fitting.

Sponsored Links
this lot appear to do them. Haven't used them personally, but they list the lockable ones. Click Here. Should help keep the turd poachers at bay?

Thanks for those. I saw the indoor ones as a possibility, and I had seen the Manhole Covers Ltd offerings, but I couldn't make out whether the seals were a positive barrier or a labyrinth filled with grease. I'll give them a ring tomorrow though.

Sponsored Links
you need to go somewhere like travis perkins that stock these sort of manhole covers, as sealed covers are normally used for main roads as they are made to withhold upto 44 tonne .

if travis perkins dont do them you need to goto a drainage supplier.

they normally do them.

sealed covers are normally used for main roads as they are made to withhold upto 44 tonne .
Apart from being three years late, what you've written here is utter rubbish.

Sealed covers (aka 'doubled sealed covers') are intended for indoor use, to stop odours from escaping inside a building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back