manhole cover too small.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a manhole cover in the alley to the side of my house (on my land and established my responsibility) which is too small for the frame. It is balanced precariously!
If the current frame is the same design as a new manhole cover, is it just a case of placing the new cover in the frame, or does it need to be fixed in by anything?

Sponsored Links
If you can get the matching cover for the frame should be a straight swap, but often impossible to match an existing one, probably why the one you have does not fit.

What condition is the old frame in - is it looking perished and rusted out? Pic to here if you have doubts?

Otherwise measure both ways and go with the dimensions to a plumbers or builders supplies - tell them if the cover is for heavy vehicle traffic or simply foot traffic.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice. I'll double check the state of the frame and get the measurements to a plumbers yard for a replacement. Fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back