Manhole inspection cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a corroded steel manhole cover which is beginning to split and is no longer safe to stand on. The frame has rotted, too. The dimensions - lid only. not the frame - are 620mm x 470mm but the only ones I can find listed on the net by Wickes, B&Q et al are all 600 x 450. Are these just nominal dimensions, or am I really looking for a non-standard size? If so, can anyone recommend a supplier?

Sponsored Links
Try a builders merchant or plumbing/drainage merchant. Something like Drain Centre or Travis Perkins.

Thanks. Once I'd answered my own question by sussing out that that the quoted dimensions refer to the inside of the frame, and not to the lid, I knew that I could safely get the bog standard (pun intended) item from Wickes (£15) or B&Q (£12)

I just like to be sure I know exactly what I need before making the 40 mile round trip to civilization.

Thread closed, I guess.

Sponsored Links
I got mine from build center. I got the heavy duty ones (that a car can drive over) for the same price as the standard ones at B&Q.

They also had a range of sizes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back