pressure and flow

corgiman said:
so why not volenteer your services Box

And I would love to see soft with the power

(evil genius laughter HA HA HA HA)

:LOL:

First rule of power - NEVER give it to someone who wants it.

I used to be an MSN Host back in the day. Used to get some right little Mussolini's who would swing their mighty hammers and kick people out just because they didn't like them.

I have enough responsibility trying to keep contractors in line and kicking plumbers arris's all day without having to log on and carry on petty vendetta's in the evening.

I enjoy giving advice and posting my [anally retentive] comments with regards to Water Regs on here. I also enjoy that when Softus and I disagree we can have an extremely mature (if not a little pedantic) discussion on the matter - without me having to alter or delete his posts because I am not intellectually capable of putting my point accross in any other way.

Sponsored Links
BoxBasher said:
I also enjoy that when Softus and I disagree we can have an extremely mature (if not a little pedantic) discussion on the matter -

On the subject of which, I have done a little more research into the outside stop-tap issue and I believe I may have been correct (on a very tenuous technicality). However the practical application of what I discovered would not be financially viable to pursue unless someone wanted to try and set a precedent...

That however, is for another thread.

BoxBasher said:
I also enjoy that when Softus and I disagree we can have an extremely mature (if not a little pedantic) discussion on the matter...
Arrse. Bum. Poo.

Sponsored Links
Have you seen my huge cock?

man_with_huge_cock.jpg

How about wandering around the plumbing section at B&Q, then when the guy in his orange apron asks if he can help you say:
"No thanks, I'm just looking for cock" ;)

too far boxy, too far

Realising that we strayed a little off topic I would just like to chuck in my 2p's worth.

If we have a set flowrate of water lets say 9 litres a minute (because it's a figure I love).

Now if we take said flowrate and chuck it down a 22mm pipe (open end) and do the same with a 15mm pipe then surely the flow of 9l/min, having to pass through a smaller bore, will be moving at a higher velocity - giving the impression of a higher flow?

Of course take either of said pipes and attach to a bath tap and the 9l/min will have to pass out of the tap (which is the same size for either pipe) and the size of pipe feeding it would surely be irrelevant.

BoxBasher said:
Now if we take said flowrate and chuck it down a 22mm pipe (open end) and do the same with a 15mm pipe then surely the flow of 9l/min, having to pass through a smaller bore, will be moving at a higher velocity - giving the impression of a higher flow?
The velocity along the pipe will be higher, but you won't be looking inside the pipe.

Of course take either of said pipes and attach to a bath tap and the 9l/min will have to pass out of the tap (which is the same size for either pipe) and the size of pipe feeding it would surely be irrelevant.
The flow, and therefore velocity, will be greater out of the tap spout when it's supplied by larger bore pipe.

I was wrong about you, you are just another armchair technical adviser, you should try the real world.

Go away Gasman1015, we're talking about plumbing.

Can any of you very clever people tell me the maximum flow rates from 15,22 & 28mm copper pipes under 3 bar mains pressure, or tell me where I can find the info?

Cheers

Edit: post removed since apparently it was unacceptable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back