<£200ish Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

Sponsored Links
He might doo, I took 3 years to buy my tv set. I got it the week before lcd's came out :rolleyes: ha ha ha ha ha . i did see that it was an old post but just thought ide comment as it may be of use to someone. it might not though... who cares really... whoopppeeeeeeeeeee! mark

He might doo, I took 3 years to buy my tv set. I got it the week before lcd's came out :rolleyes: ha ha ha ha ha . i did see that it was an old post but just thought ide comment as it may be of use to someone. it might not though... who cares really... whoopppeeeeeeeeeee! mark

Excellent :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That has really made me smile :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
lol, to continue this thread revival, i bought a Macallister from bnq over 2 years ago, and its still going strong. Its cut all sorts of wood from soft timber to laminate floor boards.
I think that the laser and blade needs re-aligning now, but other than that its been great. Cost me £129 at the time. I've seen sales where its been reduced to £89 too.
It cuts 285mm (i think) at 90°.

It would probably benefit from a finer toothed blade as it can churn up some wood, but then it has sawn its way through plenty of different wood in 2 years and is possibly blunt now.

:D :D Cheers Chaps.
I've taken the plunge and bought a saw. Just spotted this one Ryobi EMS-1830SC on e bay. it's new, 110 volt for £199. it's £500 some places. I really wanted to spend less but me tinks this one will be repairable and it's industrial so im hopeing to keep it forever and ever. it's not often the wife is out of the house long enough for me to spend this kind of money on a tool :rolleyes: ;) . cant wait to get my mits on it, luuuuurvely.
Hi Jacko. Bnq have 3 blades for the mcalister for £10, bit of a bargain me tinks. sounds like yours is going well and you still have another year on the warrenty... brillo..
Cheers Chaps. mark

Ahaa...thanks for the heads up Mark, i'll check that out.
Macallister aren't as bad as people make out.
They are made by Bosch exclusively for bnq.
The main problem you get is that if bnq decide to end the line, you are screwed for replacement parts.
I bought a Macallister 10.8v li-ion drill/driver for £25, its been fantastic and i'll bet there's not a better/cheaper option to use for screwing on plasterboards. Its much better than my 14.4V Black and Decker drill/driver and much lighter.

Macallister aren't as bad as people make out.
They are made by Bosch exclusively for bnq.

Sorry kjacko but that is utter garbage - Bosch don't make own branded tools for anyone. They do brand up some of their accessories for other people - mainly abroad, but they absolutely 100% don't make Macallister for B&Q.

Macallister mitre saws are actually made by Rexon - as are Ryobi.

Hi Jacko. no probs, they have 15% off now as well. whooopeeeeeeeee.
Hi R5GTT, aaa dident know Rexon make Ryobi saws. so does that mean my spanking new saw isnt going to be that great ? I only found one review and that was on amazon, the Chap really rated it. the base looks great. sounds a bit heavy but i have a small bnq performance pro chop saw for smaller stuff. ive had that for about 4 years and use it all the time it has been really good. the Chap at the bnq store said its made by Ryobi, It looks very similar. Im off got prezzies to feel whooooppeeeeeeeeeeeee. Merrry Crimbo Everyone......

Hi Mate, Your saw should be fine - Rexon build mitre saws for a few people and they are built to different standards to meet certain prices. Easiest way to explain it is comparing a no-name 18v combi for £30 against a Makita for £200 - they are both 18v combis, but one is built to a price and one is built to a certain quality level. It's the same with the saws.

Hope you get what you wanted in your stocking for xmas :eek: and cheers for brightening up the forum!!

Quote. Hope you get what you wanted in your stocking for xmas and cheers for brightening up the forum!!
Cheers Matey, and the same to youuuuu.
Thanks for explaining about the saws and quality etc. brillo stuff. whopppeeeee 2 hours to go........
Apppy Christmasssssssssssssssssss, mark

Just quoting what i was told by a bnq tool manager.

Of course he could have BS'd me, but it would be a risky statement considering it could be easily proven/misproven.

Whether they are or not, i've had no issues with the kit i have.

Whayyyyy Hi Chaps. got me saw today.

Lurvellllllllllllly, Brilliant for the price. reallly like the quality of all the bits. the table is fantastic. really like the solid accurate angle markers and locks. motor sounds great. it's bbbbbig though. and heavy. but massive capacity.

ill let yas know if anything falls off. whoppppppeeeeeeee... mark

TTI do indeed own the three of them, and are the largest manufacturer of Cordless tools worldwide.

Ryobi mitre saws on the other hand are made by Rexon - believe me I worked for them for 4 years, and have spent a number of years working for other power tool manufacturers.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up, the original post I replied to was a perfect example of someone believing what they were told and it being passed on to everyone on here as being true - all I was doing was telling the guy that what he had been told by some "manager" in B&Q was wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back