<£200ish Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

I bow to superior knowledge.

That has put me right off buying anything in the Ryobi range.

I bought a Rexon mitre saw from B&Q and it was awful, changed it and the second one was worse :cry: Got my cash back and bought a Makita
which has been fine.

Sponsored Links
Hi Billious
After looking at this ryobi industrial and then looking at the £100 -150 saws in bnq its like chalk n cheeze. I'm so happy with the product, every part of it ooozes quality. but at a tad over £500 normally it should be a bit nice. :LOL: :LOL: :D :D :D mark

I have just bought the Makita saw from B & Q for £99 and it truly is excellent. Cuts beautifully and the blade has a sort of brake when you release the trigger. :D

It replaces the B & Q Performance one that I had for £40 2 yrs ago which was total Cack and I will never buy Performance again. Even Blackspur tools are better!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

It concerns me when companies as big as Ryobi outsource product. If Rexon can't make a decent saw for themselves how can they make a decent one for Ryobi. :confused:

That Makita saw at £99 is the business, It came out just after I had bought the De Walt that B&Q had on offer at £170 :cry: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Macallister Compound sliding mitre saw.
When this saw developes a fault, even if it is in warranty, but has been superseded, they only offer you a proportion of the purchase price, based on how long you have had the saw. See the following.
What Warranty?" I bought the earlier version of this saw 32 months ago and it has performed well until yesterday when a fault developed in the trigger switch. Confident that it had a 36 month warranty I took it back to my local B&Q where I was referred to the maker, MacAllister ( B&Q's own make), who said that there was no support for repairs, that they had no stock of spares and that I should deal with the store.
I duly returned to the store, Stevenston in Ayrshire ,where I was told by a "manager" that as I had had the saw for over two years he was only prepared to refund 2/3rds of the purchase price of the saw as the law of Scotland says that such a product should be serviceable for 6 years, (an important piece of information for us consumers)and that this was the balance he was prepared to refund. It does not mention in the booklet / guarantee which came with the saw, and which I still have, that any repairs or reimbursements would be subject to a deduction for age, In the intervening years the price of the equivalent saw, which is almost identical, has of course increased in price, and so to replace like with almost alike is going to entail extra expenditure, which purchasing an item with a long warranty you would expect to avoid. Finally, the assistants I dealt with in the store were pleasamt and helpful but perhaps the " manager " might like to attend a few sessions at a customer relations course to improve his interpersonal skills.
P.S. I am not a tradesman which is another ploy to reduce the length of the warranty and which was also suggested ."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back