5A BS 1363 plug?

Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter how many times it is read, it will always say that if the insulation and sheathing no longer perform as required at 70°C then the fact that the cable is given a rating which prevents it from reaching 70°C is not directly related to the fact that the insulation and sheathing no longer perform as required at 70°C.

Sponsored Links
Ah, now I understand your apparent confusion. It seems my statement was ambiguous. What I meant was that the suitability of the cable was not determined solely by the CCC, since if the insulation and sheathing became unsuitable at 70C then there are clearly 3 alternatives: reduce the temperature, use a better insulation and sheath, or mechanically protect the cable. I agree that the obvious way to reduce the temperature would be to reduce the current density.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back