9/11 and all that........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not normally one for conspiracy theories and many of the 9/11 ones seem a bit crazy (though the idea of the Pentagon not being hit by a plane is interesting), but here is one I'd not really heard of before.

Everyone knows about how the two main towers came down in a manner suspiciously like a controlled explosion. Each floor was designed to withstand the equivalent weight of 15 extra floors-full of stuff, and so a breach on the upper floors should not have caused the whole thing to come down and, if the buildings were fire-weakened, they probably would have buckled as a key support gave way, rather than go down vertically as if all supports gave way simultaneously. The fact that it happened twice makes it all the more unusual, but these were unusual times and they had both been hit by planes, so we'll cut them a bit of slack in the conspiracy stakes.

However, there was a third building in the complex, WTC 7, which also came down in exactly the same way even though it had not been hit by anything, supposedly because of numerous small fires. Even though no such building has ever collapsed in such circumstances before or since. In fact, if it wasn't for the other two buildings drawing all the attention, this complete collapse due to small fires would have been the most significant civil engineering failure of all time.

Now I'd never even heard of this building before, and it has been almost completely wiped from the record in most commentary on 9/11 (mostly because no-one died in it) but I thinks its fairly intersting none the less....

http://www.wtc7.net/articles/kimball/thirdskyscraper.html

Opinions ??

Sponsored Links
Do not ponder on 'Skulls and Bones' ... For sure, a dangerous place.
:eek:

Fascinating, and something which I was not aware of before.

I don't normally go in for conspiracy theories whatsoever, but I have to admit there's something more that a little fishy about this whole thing.

This: http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm is worth a look as well for those who haven't already seen it.

"It must be remembered that the first job of any conspiracy, whether it be in politics, crime or within a business office, is to convince everyone else that no conspiracy exists. The conspirators' success will be determined largely by their ability to do this." [Gary Allen, None Dare Call It Conspiracy]

thk.gif

Sponsored Links
I bet you all think there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll and America never landed on the moon.

Why does the fact that a building collapsed later in the day make a conspiracy. Two buildings were hit by enormous heavy aeroplanes flying at 400 mph loaded with thousands of gallons of aviation fuel which exploded into a raging fire. When the towers collapsed millions of tons of building collapsed from several thousand feet in a few seconds.

The stress and vibration on surrounding structures must have been indescribable. I'm suprised the third tower stayed up as long as it did. It just wasn't newsworthy in the aftermath of the main towers coming down

Why are conspiracy theories so attractive in the face of the bleeding obvious.

a conspiracy theory will always fly in the face of cold hard logic and physics. Once the central core of the building had been weakened by the fire it was inevitable. Similarly constructed buildings are subject to progressive collapse in exactly the same way when put under such stress from an explosion, fire etc. Nothing unusual about it.

Also it is always worth stepping back and thinking, with any conspiracy theory, (the more so the bigger they are):

1) If this is true, what level of competence would be needed to put it into place, and have the govt/secret-squirrel-organisation-of-choice ever demonstrated that level of competence before?

2) If this is true, how many people would have to keep it totally secret, and have the govt/secret-squirrel-organisation-of-choice ever successfully kept secrets like that before?

ban-all-sheds said:
2) If this is true, how many people would have to keep it totally secret, and have the govt/secret-squirrel-organisation-of-choice ever successfully kept secrets like that before?

But like successful murderers... you never know about the ones who weren't found out.

While there are people gullible enough there will always be conspiracy theories and conmen.

Some people still believe the bible.

i am sure that building was mentioned on the day as i was watching it to the end as i am sure a lot where

I remember on the day being told that a plane had flown into an office block in America, and had a picture in my head of the tail of a Cessna sticking out of a building. It was only that evening that I saw the news and saw the full scale of it.

Funnily enough, I was completely unaware of the WTC up to that point, but it seems to feature prominently in hundreds of films and TV programmes set in New York. In fact, I even found photos that I had taken of it and never noticed.

Back to conspiracies, I'll admit that they are pretty unlikely, but I do find this one interesting. This sort of building never falls down in a fire (http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/compare/fires.html) ,which is why firefighters go into them as imminent collapse is so unlikely. And the speed of collapse on these was almost identical to had they been in free-fall, rather than fall-a-floor, floor-collapse and so on.

I know its not likely to be a conspiracy, but it is a harmless diversion, none the less, as long as you don't take it too seriously. I think the fact that whenever anyone digs about the relationships between any of the main players, they all seem to be 'in it together' makes it all seem all the more deliciously murky.

considering the size of the buildings and the size of the city plus the extremes of the situation, dirty great planes crashing into them etc it's amazing more people weren't killed, I never heard about this third building but I don't rate conspiracy theories too many people have to stay shtum! have any ever been exposed?
where did all that dust come from?

Not many people know this, but a plane once flew into the Empire State building way back. You can Google for a picture.

Sponsored Links
Back