Airbus fury

You are the one with beliefs.

If we trade on WTO with the EU - will we charge tariffs on trade with the EU which we did not before being part of the single market and CU?

WTO tariffs vary by sector - for example can you tell me the tariff on engines?

So if tariffs are charged then wouldnt that be a cost increase?

But tell me why under WTO you don't see a cost increase.
What kind of engines? I'm assuming that you are asking about Aero engines since this is a post about Airbus but we just need to be clear.

Sponsored Links
I doubt that anyone voting to leave believed that it would be all beer and skittles

really?

not "anyone?"

When did you carry out research into voters minds and find out what they thought were voting for? Did they notice the ballot paper didn't mention post-resignation terms and treaties?

Yesterday you told me you didn't know.

What did they say about "immigration" and "free trade deals?"

How many of your sample said they didn't care if there were job losses that affected their families?

What kind of engines? I'm assuming that you are asking about Aero engines since this is a post about Airbus but we just need to be clear.
Since you raised this point, you must obviously be aware that such engines/engine components carry a WTO zero rating.
(a 'favour' that the industry gets along the line of low/zero taxes on fuels)./

However there are problems with 'non-tariff barriers' and the need for the industry to operate JIT (just in time) which would cause administrative costs/problems.
And repair/maintenance would be severely affected, which is part of any supply contract if the supply base is outside the EU after Brexit.

Therefore it is of great importance that the customs union remains (in full) and IPR still holds if the UK wishes to still maintain it's place within a 'European hub'.
This would also apply to many other corporate interests, and these mostly don't have the aerospace exemptions so try working out that can of worms!

But for leavers this would mean that 'leave doesn't mean leave'...
So you either accept industrial suicide, accept compromise, or admit you are wrong!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No you are right. Please accept my apologies

What was the question again..

You avoided the question, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that it was not intentional. As you well know.

A simple re read of the start of this thread will remind you.

If you are able, or willing to answer.

Avoiding the question speaks volumes.

Is Yafo yet another Wannabe username, he certainly sings from the same hymn sheet :ROFLMAO:

'I've only just joined'.....yeah, of course you have (y)

just to help, and clarify.

I am new here.

That means I was not here before.

It also means I never had a previous user name.

Are you still struggling with those basics ?

'I've only just joined'.....yeah, of course you have (y)
Of course 'Yafo' is a 'reincarnation'...

But who were you before 15/9/17 ?

And before you make an erroneous reply (in default of a truthful answer as usual), in case you haven't noticed I haven't changed username or created aliases since I first came here on 23/05/04.
(ask a mod/mamma if you still have doubts)

However in all that time certain posting traits have left their own tell tail signs of 'shifty people' that can be interpreted ;)

Sponsored Links
Back