Alarm - Where do I start??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You buy the kit - and connect it up. It's a job for a handyman. Done thousands. Complete doddle.
nobody said connecting it is difficult.

But as usual, you avoid the detail.

Anyway, why you still in here.?
You told the world you was 'doing one' from this forum.
Close the door behind, there's a good boy.

Sponsored Links
Which bit do you find difficult? Taking the stuff out of the boxes or connecting a few wires. I can help if you get stuck. DIY job - alarms.

Sponsored Links
Which bit do you find difficult? Taking the stuff out of the boxes or connecting a few wires. I can help if you get stuck. DIY job - alarms.

oh but you were so proud of your past life as an alarm company

try reading the op - she wants advice about getting an alarm fitted not having one thrown in by a council reject

try reading the op - she wants advice about getting an alarm fitted not having one thrown in by a council reject

£320 should do it. Doddle of a job. Take it out the box, run a few cables, connect it up and fire it up. Job done.

£320 should do it. Doddle of a job. Take it out the box, run a few cables, connect it up and fire it up. Job done.

same question to you Joe - what grade would that be at then ?

same question to you Joe - what grade would that be at then ?

Who decides? It's only opinion. A domestic is a domestic - end of. If you think putting a title to it is something clever then you are even more anal than I thought. What grade did you install to 20 years ago? Are you saying those installations are no good because there was no 'grade'? Get a life.

So we'll read that as you don't know then Joe? - as usual.

Alarm Systems count as DIY when you do them because that's the way you work.

You're nothing but a feckless chancer.

And it seems your paranoia is getting worse. You really should go see that nice lady Doctor and get it sorted.

what grade would that be installed to ?

all cables would be hidden under floor boards clipped direct in ceilings main cpu under stairs with own supply, in other words nacoss, used to install them for a council matey done 100's of em

and the grade would be ?

it wouldnt because you have no idea what your talking about

Want me to prove it ?

What does it matter what Grade it is, its always the same with the approved contractors, more money and more often than not ****e work, im not sayin every approved company is ****e, ive seen nacoss alarms glued under carpets, botched mains etc.
I was an installer for A council that had been nacoss approved and was following their guidelines / spec how the hell do i know what grading it was.
If you install elec to nic standard what is your grading ?

Want me to prove it ?

What does it matter what Grade it is, its always the same with the approved contractors, more money and more often than not s***te work, im not sayin every approved company is s***te, ive seen nacoss alarms glued under carpets, botched mains etc.
I was an installer for A council that had been nacoss approved and was following their guidelines / spec how the hell do i know what grading it was.

So you don't know, yet feel able to judge the work standards of others (not that it is directly related to Grading).

Who decides? It's only opinion. A domestic is a domestic - end of. If you think putting a title to it is something clever then you are even more anal than I thought. What grade did you install to 20 years ago? Are you saying those installations are no good because there was no 'grade'? Get a life.

see you have absolutly no idea what your talking about

Want me to prove it ?

What does it matter what Grade it is, its always the same with the approved contractors, more money and more often than not s***te work, im not sayin every approved company is s***te, ive seen nacoss alarms glued under carpets, botched mains etc.

ALL systems are graded now - its how it is, its nothing to do with the NSI or the SSAIB, we now work to a harmonised EN standard that calls for grading, the equipment is graded by the manf. not the installer and its expected that a pro. fitted and maintained system will be a minimum grade2 (notification option X)

Want me to prove it ?

ALL systems are graded now - its how it is, its nothing to do with the NSI or the SSAIB, we now work to a harmonised EN standard that calls for grading, the equipment is graded by the manf. not the installer and its expected that a pro. fitted and maintained system will be a minimum grade2 (notification option X)

Grading / risk assesments boll***k, its all paperwork gone are the days of doing a simple job.
What effin difference does it matter what blinkin grade it is so as long as it meets the clients needs, is installed correctly at reasonable cost, and does the job it is intended to do ?

I could reccommend scantronic or texacom but i havent installed that many.

Want me to prove it ?

Grading / risk assesments boll***k, its all paperwork gone are the days of doing a simple job.
What effin difference does it matter what blinkin grade it is so as long as it meets the clients needs, is installed correctly at reasonable cost, and does the job it is intended to do ?

I could reccommend scantronic or texacom but i havent installed that many.

thats exactly why we now have grading - you obviously cant see it.

what about joe 90's comment then that you keep ignoring, what grade alarms were you installin 20 years ago ?

Lets imagine yesterday you were installing ungraded alarms yet today the rules have changed from now on you have to install graded alarms - does that mean that even though the product is still the same as the ones you have been installing, the old one is now inferior because it isnt graded ? Cos thats what it looks like you are saying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back