Alarm - Where do I start??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about joe 90's comment then that you keep ignoring, what grade alarms were you installin 20 years ago ?

Lets imagine yesterday you were installing ungraded alarms yet today the rules have changed from now on you have to install graded alarms - does that mean that even though the product is still the same as the ones you have been installing, the old one is now inferior because it isnt graded ? Cos thats what it looks like you are saying.

it looks like thats what I`m saying because that is what I`m saying - the fact you or Joe or the others dont understand or like the requirments to grade is irrelevant - a simple fact for you

" a person fitting for reward or gain has to fit a graded alarm system..."

we (the industry ) have argued the points and come to a published document the fact your late to the party (and gatecrashing anyway) just means your going over old ground and shouting at walls.

So if you wanna call yourself an alarm installer get a copy of the regs, get the certs from the manfs, do your risk assesments maybe even get approved and away you go, but dont waste my time and yours trying to make out they are avoidable or negligable

Sponsored Links
. What grade did you install to 20 years ago?

20 years ago installs were required to comply with BS - there was no requirment to grade the components of an alarm system... Now we install to an EN document which calls for the manfs to grade all their products and issue certs. to the specifier (we keep ours in a big file) however the grading of a device (door contact for example) can change as the regs become more harmonised so yes we are HAVING to go round and change some equipment less than 12 months old just to maintain the overall grading of that site

anybody not doing it this way is just wrong (read into that what you will)

So as a Sparky, what you gonna do with all existing works when the 17th edition kicks in?

Sponsored Links
Saxondale. If I want to fit a domestic alarm, I go to Gardiner Security (or whatever name they are using this week) and say 'I'll have either a Scantonic 9448+ or a Texecom R8 please. Whichever is graded for ordinary domestics". Will they say "Oh that's the wrong grade"?

Get a grip, man, the wholesalers don't stock anything that doesn't comply to the relevant regulations, be that 4737 or whatever.

It's an elaborate doorbell that is easily fitted by a DIYer. You are not a heart surgeon. You have dreams of grandeur.

Saxondale. If I want to fit a domestic alarm, I go to Gardiner Security (or whatever name they are using this week) and say 'I'll have either a Scantonic 9448+ or a Texecom R8 please. Whichever is graded for ordinary domestics". Will they say "Oh that's the wrong grade"?

that depends on what grade your SDP says the install will be - seems you only deal at grade1 with no SDP, no certs. and no idea so thats you and the diy`ers and the other cowboys all in one group then

that depends on what grade your SDP says the install will be - seems you only deal at grade1 so thats you and the diy`ers and the other cowboys then

What is the ordinary domestic grading, not a mansion, just the average 3 bed semi. Don't you do them?

What is the ordinary domestic grading, not a mansion, just the average 3 bed semi. Don't you do them?

if you understood what a risk assesment is you would know you couldnt ask that question

you ever done a risk assesment? - I mean a proper written one to Insurance standard, you wont have, you have no knowledge of grading or notification options

stick to posting advice about pva

We are talking about the average 3 bed semi. Nothing unusual, no imaginary grading requirements, so bog standard, run of the the mill semi.

Your problem is that you are a pompous, bellicose doorbell fitter with an ego the size of a barn.

Now what type of guitar music do you play? I play most styles.

We are talking about the average 3 bed semi. Nothing unusual, no imaginary grading requirements, so bog standard, run of the the mill semi.

Now what type of guitar music do you play? I play most styles.

as bad as that crap you posted ?

there isnt an average - its a risk assesment, by its very nature that house will be different to any other, thats what the risk assesment defines

weve got g3 b and d`s and g2 x and c`s all within a mile of each other

you go work it out

More waffle from the door-bell fitter.

3 rooms downstairs - 3 PIRs - go figure.

More waffle from the door-bell fitter.

3 rooms downstairs - 3 PIRs - go figure.

joe - I`ve got a 32 page insurance assesment document open in front of me for the house next door but hey guys its only 3 rooms downstairs

is that your mum shouting you for your tea ? you better go or she`ll be cross

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back