Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend wanted their alarm having two extra PIRs. So i installed them, but i needed to set one to time delay so they could come down staiors to enter code without alarm sounding.
But the code no longer works. I tried using a new installation book to programme it, but it never seemed to work and now the codes have changed and i dont know what they are.

How can i reset to factory default? Its a ADE Optima compact. I've tried ringing tech helpline but keep getting engaged sound. Any advice???

Its older type of alarm, i tried using book from new one a fit.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
May be an idea to try here :http://www.diyalarmforum.com/

Strange name for site eh !!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hope it helps you.

You must only undertake this work if

A. You are electrically competent.

B. Your system is NOT under contract.

C. You do this at your own risk.

You may have to clear the NVM.

This will wipe any programmed information off the chip and reset to factory conditons.

Or, if you have the engineer code, you can do the same via the RKP.

From Day mode, press PROG.

Enter engineer code (factory set at 9999 - if this does not work, then the installer has set his own code).

Press SET twice.

Factory conditions are re-installed onto the chip.

To reset to factory conditions the harder way:

With either system: Power down mains. Remove front cover. Disconnect battery.

With older Optima: Remove all wires from terminals 9 & 19. Fit wire link between the two, and apply power.

With Optima Compact: Remove all wires from terminals 13 & 23. Fit wire link between the two, and apply power.

System will now power up with no alarm condition.

Remove the wire link, replace the original wiring, checking the ATTACK led goes out. The Zone Leds will now show when each zone is breached.

Refit the cover, checking the TAMPER led goes out. When the system is clear, it will go into DAY mode & then the NVM will clear and factory conditions apply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back