Alarm panel

prob need to omit un used zones,either by programming or inserting links in the terminals,factory settings normally enable all zones,have you tried linking out all zones then setting the system?

Sponsored Links
zones 5-6 are already linked out in the panel. i've linked out 1-4 and the when i set the alarm it counts down and sets itself. With any of the 1-4 zones not linked out the alarm double bleeps like the sound of when a door contact is open and wont set. I have tried to link one out at a time but it still has the same effect and only sets itself with all zones linked out.

thats what it is supposed to do.

if you have a zone not connected it will complain, it thinks for the sake of argument that a door is open

I know beezer but there is no door contacts, just 4 zones which are all pir's. If there was a problem with one of the zones then by linking out one zone at a time it should clear but it only does this when all zones are linked out. :confused:

Sponsored Links
RMS said:
I know beezer but there is no door contacts, just 4 zones which are all pir's. If there was a problem with one of the zones then by linking out one zone at a time it should clear but it only does this when all zones are linked out. :confused:

i do not know what you may or may not know, i can only go by what you post. hence my reply

i suggest you go to my first reply, manufacturers dont like giving out engineer manuals. I know its anoying knowinhg it could be some thing very simple, but look at the hasle and grief it caused you in the mean time

put some links in zones 3 and 4 then try it,i seem to remember these being immediate zones on a factory programme

I know but its also a learning curve at the same time. :LOL:

ch427 said:
put some links in zones 3 and 4 then try it,i seem to remember these being immediate zones on a factory programme

tried linking out 3-4 but still the same.

link out 2,3,and 4,identify a pir in the house that wont be triggered by messing around by the panel,connect this to zone 1 and arm the system,see what happens

Tried it and when setting the panel the beeps are not as fast but they dont stop.

Also, forgot to mention non of the pir's are flashing with movement.

RMS said:
Tried it and when setting the panel the beeps are not as fast but they dont stop.

Also, forgot to mention non of the pir's are flashing with movement.

now we are getting somewhere,sounds as if the power supply to the pirs may be down

Ahh, your right, just got the meter on the 13v out for the pir's and no voltage present. Also just found the 1.6A fuse blown and next to it says bell/strobe. Cant beleive i never spotted it :rolleyes:

What do you think blew the fuse? The alarm has never worked since i moved into the house?

ch427 you are a star :D

i've replaced the fuse and it works a treat, all the pir's work perfectly and the entry one has a count down before it triggers the alarm.

Thanks for being patient and helping me sort it ch427.

you may want to set it off just to check the sounder operates and the fuse stays intact,at a sensible time of course,you may have tried it already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back