Anyone recognize this rad valve?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
From what little i know about the valves is that the rads form part of the system,when the rad is turned off the flow continues through the chrome part of the valve,if this is the case if i fit a rad as normal when the wheelhead valve is turned off the rest of the rads in the house shut off so i may need to fit a length of copper between the flow and return (bypass) to continue the flow around the system.

never seen these valves on a 2 pipe setup. these are at least 25 years old and normally fitted on 1 pipe systems

Just need to find out if when the rad is off the flow contineus through the valve,looks like stripping the valve to find out,thanks.

but as we cant see his system from here and crystal balls are offline, it would be best he lifet the floor to investigate. which he'd need to do to put in the 1 pipe bypasss anyway.

but for the sake of lifting a board you might save yourself some hassle and copper and not hang the rads so hig up the wall and add an unecessary bypass to every rad and make the system less efective....

but hey you asked a question and dont like the answers :rolleyes:

Just need to find out if when the rad is off the flow contineus through the valve,looks like stripping the valve to find out,thanks.
Are you sure that you have enough experience to be replacing all the radiators? :rolleyes:

council/association type of valve, one pipe system, valve has built in by-pass. Time for a re-pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back